Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Break 2011 (pt. 3)

Tuesday
I had Eric take Kory to daycare today so I could get some stuff done around the house. Kory is such a social child, that she thrives on interaction with others.  So daycare is not torture for her, but fun.

I spent the day, straightening up the house and cleaning.  I also did some resting.

After I picked Kory up from daycare, we made dinner.  We had Spasagna, salad and garlic bread.  It was the first really home-cooked meal we've had in quite some time.  We all enjoyed it.

Wednesday
Eric took Kory to daycare again today because I had a lunch date with a dear friend. 

As an example of the clothing independence Kory is trying to assert, I'll share this little sidenote.  I was trying to "sleep in" a little.  Eric was getting Kory ready for daycare and feeding them both breakfast just like every morning.  I heard a knock on my door.  Kory comes in and to the side of the bed.  She says, "I was just wondering if I can wear different clothes today."  I set out her clothes for the next day at night.  Eric said when she went to get dressed she was "bothering" him about not wanting to wear those clothes.  So instead of just saying, "No, that's what you're going to wear, go get dressed," he sent her to discuss it with me (who was trying to sleep in).  I asked her why and her reply was I don't like them. Keep in mind, this an outfit that she squealed upon seeing when I brought it home from the store.  She's worn it several times and never complained.  It's very soft cotton and comfortable.  I don't send her to daycare or her mom's in very good clothes.  She was going to both of those places on Wednesday.  Not to mention I hadn't done laundry over the weekend like I usually do, so clothing options were running low.  So, all that to say, that despite her oh-so-convincing argument of "I don't like it," I made her wear it anyway...I know, I know, I'm soooo mean!  What's funny is that after daycare I asked her why she didn't like it and she said that it wasn't her favorite color.  I asked her what her favorite color is, knowing full well that the shirt had her favorite color on it.  As she was looking down at the shirt with huge bands of pink and purple, she said, "Pink and purple."  I think she got my point.  Oh, the joys of emerging independence. :)

I met my friend GC at Olive Garden for lunch.  We spent about 3 hours catching up and pigging out.  We both had large servings of salad, ate several breadsticks, cleaned our entree plates, split a dessert and drank so much liquid we thought we would float out to the parking lot!  I am so blessed to have a friendship with GC.  We have marveled so many times at how God brought us together as friends and how we just know that we are "Forever Friends."  We don't get together as much as either of us would like, but I always feel so refreshed after spending time with her.  She is one of those amazingly kind and Christ-like women that makes being a Christian woman appealing.  I look forward to April when we can go to the Women's Conference at her church together for the 2nd year.

After our lunch, I headed to Wal-mart to pick up a few groceries.  Then picked Mallie up from the groomer's and Kory up from daycare.  Eric took her later to her mom's for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment