Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Series of Unfortunate New Year Events...

Well, I've already broken my New Year Resolution.  It doesn't deal with eating, exercise, or earnings...although I do have some goals involving awesome Advocare for this year. More about that in a later post. My ONE resolution was to post something, whether it be a picture; a word; or a full story, to our blog everyday. Today is Jan 2 and there is no post dated for Jan 1.  Maybe I'll post 2 today to make up for my failure...maybe.

There's so much that I haven't blogged about and the overwhelming task of trying to catch up is mostly what has kept me from jumping back on the blog. So I decided that I'm just going to start from today, well actually from the past couple of days, and continue on. When there is a "slow" day or I  can't think of what to blog about, I'll do a recap of something that has been skipped over.

So...New Year's Eve...we were scheduled to fly out of Tri-cities at 5:17pm.  We had a connecting flight in Charlotte and would arrive at DFW a little after 10:00pm.  I woke up Monday morning ready to tackle the task of stuffing all of our belongings into the three checked bags and couple of carry-ons.  Realize, we had accumulated an extra small toy box full of toys as we were there for Christmas.  So I knew we wouldn't be able to fit everything, but the goal was to fit as much as possible in order to cut down on the cost of shipping. While I woke up ready to accomplish this mission with my mad packing skills, I also had a faint nagging pain in my shoulder/back/neck. Something I'm used to, seeing as my giant baby loves to be held/carried/picked up. No big deal, I thought I would just schedule an adjustment with Dr. Pittmon, our amazing chiropractor, when I got home.  After our final "family" breakfast for the year, I returned downstairs to get ready. Quickly my pain changed and I wasn't able turn my head or look up and down...something crucial for packing and traveling, especially with a 15 month old ACTIVE lap infant that is going through a "mom only" phase.

Through work from my daddy & momma, I was able to get in to see Dr. Connie Fulmer, a chiropractor in Gray...she was great and worked with me until I was able to move.  I still had pain but it was tolerable.

When I returned to my parents' house, my dear hubby had attempted packing.  His packing consists of just throwing everything into the suitcase with little regard to size, position, item, etc. As much as it pained me, I joined him because we had less than 2 hrs before we had to leave for the airport.  We were finished packing in less than 30 min but non of the Christmas toys made it in.  It'll be like Christmas again when they arrive via UPS in a few days!!

We made it to the airport with a lot of time to spare, which is how I like it because I'm a nervous traveller.  BUT, I discovered I left my phone at the house. So my mom ran back and got it, returned, and we still had time to spare. :)

Our flights went well, my pain was bearable, and we gathered our baggage without a hitch...then...

No comments:

Post a Comment