Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Happy Birthday, Cierra!

Today is my niece, Cierra's birthday!! She was my first January birthday buddy. We used to have our family birthday parties together every year...fun memories :)

The night my sister, DeAnne, went into labor is not a fun memory, though. It was about 6 weeks before her due date and her dad was working out of town. It was a Wednesday night and I had been home sick from school that day. Just as DeAnne and another sister Candace were getting ready to take Cassie and Dani (My nieces/Cierra's older sisters) to church, DeAnne's water broke. So Candace took Cassie and Dani to church and my mom and I took DeAnne to the hospital. I was too young to stay home by myself, 4th or 5th grade, and since I'd been sick, I couldn't go to church. I remember being so scared for my sister and for Cierra.

God watched over all involved though and after a scary labor, she was born. I remember her being soooo cute as she grew and had some of the most talked about hair at church!!

Cierra is on a new adventure this year, living out in NM with an uncle of her's on her dad's side. From what I hear she is loving it and I'm sooooo glad!! Maybe one day soon we'll get her here to TX for a visit.

Love you, Cierra and happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment